Software Development Engineer – Backend
Join the team who builds, develops, and supports FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) and bundle activities on our marketplace. You are going to work mostly with Node.js but on the other hand, there are some products written in Golang so you are also supposed to develop within this technology.
The team you will join is self-sufficient – you will design, build, and test solutions on your own based on the Kubernetes platform. Other development teams will be your only customers – you will work directly with the Product Owner, which means that your team has no contact with typical business stakeholders.
Our bundles are built on top of the market standards and open-source software. You do not have to reinvent the wheel. We mainly code in TypeScript, a frontend is built on Next.js and React, while on Backend we use Node.js and Golang.
In G2A you will be responsible for:
- Participation in creating a Microservice for the G2A.COM marketplace
- Participation in choosing technological solutions
- Development of microservices written in Node.js and Go
- Taking care of code quality and application performance
- Developing solutions to increase the availability of the platform
- Developing platform monitoring
We are looking for people with:
- Good knowledge of Node.js
- Knowledge of the Golang language or willingness to learn
- Practice in creating efficient and scalable APIs
- Experience in working with application containerization, in particular Docker
- Experience in working with databases like PostgreSQL and Redis
- Working knowledge of the Git version control system
- Experience with Rest Api and Open standards
- Practice experience with Agile (SCRUM, Kanban)
Nice to have:
- Experience in building applications based on the Microservices architecture
- Experience in working with queuing systems – RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
What we offer:
- Work the way you want, and where you want – from home, office, wherever at any time you choose
- No corporate bullshit – we communicate openly and aim for goals together
- Work in the largest marketplace for gamers and geeks in the world – check out our factsheet!
- Private medical care at TU Zdrowie
- Vouchers for Pyszne.pl, Netflix, Multisport and many other benefits as part of the Motivizer platform
- Individual development plans – we will take care of your development and career path
- Access to diverse internal and external training